Thursday 16 December 2010

Christmas Time


It finally feels like winter here.

Its cold. Its cosy and its the week before Christmas.

Before the last few crazy days, I managed to squeeze in the World Peace Cookies...


And squeeze in eating a few of them too...

Or 10.

But...

They weren't everything I wanted. If I dare say... Too chocolatey...





There is a hell of alot of Chocolate in them, for saying the recipe only makes 28 cookies approximately, with the addition of the cocoa too.
I don't know exactly why but I couldn't taste each element of the cookie. In the other ones I can taste the butter, brown sugar, the hint of vanilla and a good mmm of chocolate chips.

I don't know whether it was my 'not amazing organic' chocolate that did it, but I was disappointed.
Maybe I had set my expectations too high?

And so the recipe for The best Chocolate Chip Cookie, from here, is still the best for me.

Sorry World Peace.

But if you fancy trying them, and do so if you want a full on chocolate attack. Here is the recipe again from CafeFernando.

***


This weekend we're going to Porto, in the north of Portugal. I can't wait!

I'm hoping for lots of Christmas lights, a few dinners out and a 
special time with a loved one for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...